Funeral Plus Plan
We understand how important your family is to you, whether it’s your immediate family, extended family or even a good friend that has become family, you should be able to cover them and give them a funeral that they deserve when the time comes.
Experience the comprehensive benefits of our Funeral Plus Plan, designed to cover you, your spouse, parents, children, and more. With the flexibility to include up to 32 people on a single funeral plan, you can select from a wide range of benefits, tailoring your funeral cover to your unique needs.
We have a wide range of benefits to suit your family’s needs
- Pays R10 000 per life assured.
- Empowers you to use the entire value of the funeral policy to cover all necessary expenses related to the funeral.
- In the event of death due to an accident, your family will receive double the amount assured to assist with funeral costs.
- Pays a lump sum benefit of up to R10 000.
- This benefit can help your family with additional costs for the funeral.
Cash Back Bonus
- Receive 10% of all your premiums back after 5 years of coverage.
- From your 65th birthday onwards, you do not need to pay any premiums, and the policy remains fully in place.
- Get extra cash to help your family with extra funeral costs such as groceries, transport, and other expenses.
- There is a 6 month waiting period for all lives covered for death due to natural causes.
- 12 month waiting period for death as a result of suicide.
- No waiting periods for death due to unnatural causes or when switching from another insurer, subject to Liberty's switching requirements.
Premiums refunded if death is due to natural causes during waiting period.
We understand that the passing of a loved one is traumatic. We are committed to paying out claims as quickly as possible, and therefore pay out within 48 hours of receiving all required documentation.
Cover for you and your family
Affordable funeral cover for your parents, spouse, children and extended family, from R40 per month.
|Who can be covered?||Minimum||Maximum||Age||Number of lives covered|
|Principal Life Assured||R 5000||R 100 000||18-65||1
|Spouse||R 5000||R 100 000||18-65||Up to 3|
|Children||R 5000||R 50 000||0-24||Up to 10|
|Parents||R 5000||R 80 000||0-84||Up to 8|
|Extended Family||R 5000||R 50 000||18-84||Up to 10|
Frequently asked questions
How much does a funeral cost in South Africa?
A funeral is a costly event. On average, South Africans spend between R20 000 and R80 000 on funeral costs. This amount excludes funeral extras including but not limited to flowers, catering and tombstones. Generally the cost of a cremation is lower than the cost of a burial.
What is the maximum funeral cover in South Africa?
Funeral cover is capped at R100 000. An insurance act introduced in 2018 placed a cap on the maximum benefit for funeral policies at R100 000.
What does a funeral policy cover?
A funeral is one of the most important events in a person’s life and that of their families. It can be an expensive, which is why having funeral cover is beneficial for you and your family. A policy from Liberty can provide the peace of mind you need by providing cover for costs associated with your funeral, such as the cost of hiring a hearse, paying for a cremation or burial and covering any other expenses that come with a funeral.
What are the Funeral Plus Plan benefits?
The Liberty Funeral Plus Plan offers you the freedom to select benefits and coverage ranging from R5000 to R100,000, tailored to your specific needs and budget. We understand the essential benefits you may need during this challenging time. Our plan includes coverage for:
- Double Accident
- Inkomo Cash
- Cash Back
- Paid Up (At 65, you won't be required to pay any premiums, and the policy will remain in effect)
- Value Added (Additional benefits to assist with expenses such as airtime, groceries, transport, and more)
What does the Funeral Plus Plan Cover?
Our Funeral Plus Plan lets you cover all your loved ones, at an affordable rate. We know the importance of family and doing everything you can to help and protect them. Having a larger family should not mean you are restricted in offering your loved ones all the support they need, including funeral cover.
What is the Funeral Plus Plan waiting period?
- 6 months waiting period for all covered lives for death due to natural causes.
- 12 months waiting period for death as a result of suicide.
- No waiting periods for death due to unnatural causes or when switching from another insurer subject to Liberty's switching requirements.
Have you taken steps to secure your loved ones' financial future after you're gone? If not…
Critical Illness Cover
A critical illness can place emotional strain on you and your loved ones. Critical illness…
Will you be able to take care of your family if you become permanently unable to work due to an illness or injury? Disability cover…