You are important to us. We aim to treat you fairly and honestly; provide you with excellent service and help you promptly when you have a query or complaint.
How can you help us to resolve your complaint as soon as possible?
In order to speed up the resolution process, always ensure that all information relating to your complaint is readily available when contacting us. This information includes:
- The contract / policy / fund / member / investment numbers affected by the complaint.
- What you expect from us to resolve the issue.
- Your contact details so that we can get hold of you.
- Any correspondence from Liberty which relates to the complaint (i.e. letters, quotations, previous correspondence etc.)
- The names of the people you have dealt with so far, if any.
- The dates and times of these contacts.
- Any other event that triggered the complaint, for example, an article in a newspaper.
How to log your complaint
Your Financial Adviser understands and is accredited to sell and service the products that they market. They are able to:
- Assist you with many of the queries and complaints you have
- Provide you with updated information
- Make certain changes to your contracts and advise you on the effects of the changes
- Provide advice within the overall context of your financial needs and long-term financial plans
The following channels are available to you:
Visit our Walk-in Support Centres
1 Ameshoff Street
Century Boulevard Cape Town
4 Park Lane
Umhlanga Ridge Umhlanga
Once you have logged your complaint with us, we undertake to:
- Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt
- Advise who is dealing with your complaint and their contact details
- Resolve the complaints as soon as possible but no longer than twenty days
- Update you with any delay reasons and an expected timeframe for resolution
You may contact the complaints consultant assigned to your complaint at any time.
If your complaint was not resolved to your satisfaction with your Financial Adviser or Liberty, you may escalate the matter via the channels below and mark it as an escalated complaint:
If your complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction after the escalation step above, you can use one of the external complaint resolution bodies assigned to look after your interests as a customer at industry level, as listed below.
If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes about policy/contractual issues or the way that your contract is administered, contact the Ombudsman for Long Term Insurance.
The Hon. Mr. Justice R McLaren
Ombudsman for Long
Private Bag X45
If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes about your Retirement Annuity or Corporate Fund (including Pension, Provident and Preservation funds, etc.) that are subject to the jurisdiction of the Pension Funds Act, contact the Pension Funds Adjudicator.
PO Box 580
If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes about advice that was given to you by a financial adviser after 30 September 2004, contact the FAIS Ombudsman.
Mr. Naresh Tulsie
PO Box 74571
If you have any unresolved complaints or disputes around how the industry is regulated, contact the Financial Sector Conduct Authority.
PO Box 35655